As an injury attorney I am often asked “How will a lawyer handle my case?” While each client and case is different, McMullin Legal Group understands the significance of the matters entrusted to us. After initial meetings with our clients, our team goes to work investigating your claim. This usually requires a review of some or all of the following:
· Witness statements.
· Police reports.
· A possible visit to the scene of the incident.
· A review of appropriate statutory law (laws enacted by your legislature).
· A review of appropriate case law (laws made by judges who interpret statutory law).
· A review of all medical reports.
· A review of all medical bills.
· The possible hiring of an investigator to investigate the details of the incident.
We will also contact the insurance company for the person, or company who caused your injuries. After the initial investigation and contact with the insurance company, we will maintain contact with you to make sure of the following:
- That you are following the advice of your physicians and other medical practitioners.
- That you are doing your best to improve from you injury.
- That you are providing us with copies of all medical bills and other expenses related to the incident.
- That you are providing records of loss of income from your job.
- That you are keeping track of potential witnesses in your case.
Medical records will be obtained through use of authorization forms. These forms are vital as doctors, hospitals, employers, and other establishments will not release the necessary personal information about you without these signed written authorizations. Once complete medical reports are obtained, we will review those reports and discus with you the applicable law relating to your case and formulate a game plan to move your case to a resolution.